This post has photographs from a guest photographer. Our guest, Alma, spent this last Sunday participating in a century ride in Hawaii. For those of you who do not know what a century ride is, here is the Wikipedia definition: “A century ride is a bicycle ride of 100 miles (160.9 km) or more within 12 hours, usually as a cycling club-sponsored event.” Seems like a lot of trouble to go through for a few nice pictures, but to each his (or her) own.
I cannot speak to how the pictures were taken. Probably on Alma’s iPhone. Here is what I did in post production.
- I took both photos into Lab Color to increase saturation
- While in Lab Color, I also increased contrast a little in the L channel using curves
- On the portrait, I used a Gaussian blur on the color layers to reduce grain
- I converted both images back to RGB
- on the portrait, I created a layer mask and used curves separately on the background and foreground
And the post’s song is by Queen, just so you know.